Community Resources

Basic Needs (Food, Clothing, Transportation, etc.)
  • Community Action - Assists low-income people with accessing basic needs items such as personal hygiene, toiletries, food and clothing. Also assists with transportation needs such as local bus passes or, in some cases, a gas voucher.
  • Skagit County Food Resources: Food assistance resources (foodbanks, meal programs, etc.) compiled by Community Action.
  • Help Me Grow Skagit - Aims to offer families seamless access to community services and support. 
    • For SERVICES like parenting groups, health care, and food assistance, call/text the Help me Grow Family Resource Navigator at 360-630-8352 to help guide you.
    • For ITEMS like diapers, wipes, and cleaning supplies, call or text the Family Resource Center at the Children's Museum at 360-230-9129 or e-mail [email protected]
  • Washington Connection - Offers a fast and easy way for families and individuals to apply for a variety of services such as Food, Cash, Child Care, Long-Term Care, and Medicare Savings Programs.
    • Department of Social and Health Services 900 East College Way, Mount Vernon or call center 1-877-501-2233
  • WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) - Supplemental foods, health care referrals, and nutrition education for low-income pregnant, breastfeeding, and non-breastfeeding postpartum women, and to infants and children up to age 5 who are found to be at nutritional risk.
  • Northwest Regional Council (NWRC) Non-Emergency Medical Transportation - Non-emergency transportation to Medicaid eligible recipients.
  • GoodRx - A website that finds discount prices for medications and tells you where to get the lowest price.
  • USDA National Hunger Hotline - Operated by Hunger Free America, families seeking food assistance for their children can contact the hotline Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET. at 1-866-3-HUNGRY (1-866-348-6479) (for English) or 1-877-8-HAMBRE (1-877-842-6273) (for Spanish). They can also search for a Meals for Kids site by entering their address/zip code at this website:

Child Development Resources - click here.

Childcare and Early Learning

Housing and Utilities

Parenting Classes and Education

Special Needs Resources

  • Click here for a comprehensive list of special needs resources from SPARC (Skagit Preschool and Resource Center).
  • Click here for information from Skagit County's Parent to Parent, which offers emotional support, informational resources and events to parents raising children with special health care needs and/or developmental disabilities.
  • Washington State Children & Youth with Special Health Care Needs (CYSHCN) Program - Program for infants, children, and youth up to age 18 who have or are at risk for chronic physical, developmental, behavioral, or emotional conditions.

Contact Us


Our Location

Find us on the map

Hours of Operation

Our Regular Schedule


8:30 am-6:30 pm


8:30 am-6:30 pm


8:30 am-6:30 pm


8:30 am-6:30 pm


8:30 am-6:30 pm


8:30 am-3:30 pm