1 in 5 women and 1 in 10 men experience distressing symptoms during pregnancy or after the birth of a baby including anxiety, obsessive thinking, feelings of hopelessness and worthlessness, and even suicidal thoughts.
For referrals to professionals, support groups, and other resources, call the Perinatal Support Warm Line: 1-888-404-7763, or visit www.perinatalsupport.org
Mental Health Resources:
- Click here for crisis resources.
- Click here for general mental health resources.
- Click here for grief and loss resources.
Educational and Emotional Support Resources:
- Nurture Seattle - For families who have just had a baby or expecting one soon, get matched with a mentor through Nurture Seattle. It's open to anyone in WA, and will connect you with a real parent who will check in by text every week from the third trimester through baby's first birthday.
- Perinatal Support WA - Support line, referrals to professionals, support groups, and more.
- Postpartum Support International - Resources, helpline, forum, chat with an expert, online support meetings, and more for Moms, Dads, partners and families, Queer and Trans parents, military families, adoptive and birth mothers, and more.
- Small Moments, Big Impact -
- Washington Fatherhood Council - Father-specific services, resources, support, and recognition.
- Postpartum Support International - Resources, helpline, Dad support group, chat with a fatherhood expert, and connect with a specialized coordinator for Dads.
- Help Me Grow Skagit - Offers seamless access to local community supports and resources including parenting groups, food assistance, diapers, wipes, and more.
- Skagit County Breastfeeding Coalition: Resources, classes, community support groups, clinics, and more.
- Click here for more community resources (basic needs, childcare, etc.).
To view a resource packet compiled by Skagit Pediatrics, click below: